Signup below to receive email updates on upcoming speaking engagements and when new articles are posted.
INVESTMENT BANKING ADVISORY
Mergers & Acquisitions
Sierra Asia Partners possesses the industry expertise, deal-making experience, and network of international contacts necessary for culminating successful cross-border M&A transactions. Accomplished in all aspects of the process, our firm includes the former head of the Greater China investment banking group at Merrill Lynch.
No matter how complex or unusual the transaction, our team helps clients operate from a position of strength. We work closely with our client's executive management team to assess the potential of a transaction and fashion a realistic plan for finding targets and negotiating and closing the deal. All phases are conducted with the highest regard for discretion and confidentiality and with the ultimate goal of helping parties on both sides of the table reach common ground. Finally, we facilitate completion by guiding the transaction through the policies and structures of local, provincial and national government entities.
In representing purchasers, Sierra Asia:
- Assesses the market opportunity, reviewing the prospects for mergers, partnerships and alliances and determining the strategic fit
- Helps clients identify, screen and approach the best targets
- Performs financial analysis and valuation
- Assists in guiding the process through the maze of government approvals
- Assists in due diligence investigations
- Arranges financing, as needed
- Helps negotiate, sign and close the transaction
- Assists with post-transaction integration
For example, Sierra Asia worked with a U.S. manufacturing company in its bid for a state-owned enterprise in China. We helped the company's senior managers understand the factors that motivated the Chinese enterprise and government owners and regulators, and provided back-channel communications to try to resolve outstanding issues. Our team also coordinated efforts at the city, provincial and national levels, pinpointing entities that might block the acquisition and developing a strategy for overcoming objections.
In representing sellers, our professionals:
- Help clients prepare for the sale process
- Prepare a selling memorandum and position the business for prospective acquirers
- Provide valuation analysis
- Identify, screen and approach prospective buyers
- Negotiate with qualified buyers to obtain the best terms
- Close the transaction
We understand the importance of the sales process to the business owner. We use our expertise to run a professional process designed to maximize value and the probability of success. Our global network of contacts allows us to identify and access potential buyers who meet our client's criteria and create a competitive process, where appropriate. Our experience also allows us to anticipate and avoid common problems in the sales process.
1420 Beverly Road
McLean, VA, 22101
Silver Tower, Suite 1206
85 Tao Yuan Road